Trellidor has installed Clear Guard in a variety of commercial buildings in various architectural styles.
For example, we installed it at the Nelson Mandela Museum in Mthatha in Transkei, South Africa. This is
an historic building that dates back to 1927 and it was really important that the security was sensitive to its architecture.
Trellidor Clear Guard was fitted next to 75 beautiful teak windows in this building. It stops robbers passing stolen souvenirs out through the windows. The screens also protect against damage from UV rays and wind. And they open up for easy window cleaning.
Clear Guard is popular for more than just keeping out criminals. We have fitted it to commercial kitchens such as one at King Edward VIII Hospital in Durban, South Africa to keep pigeons out.
The pigeons had become a health hazard. They bring in parasites and diseases that can be passed on to humans. Pigeons are a threat to food safety in any kitchen. They had to be kept out of this one, which provides 1000 meals a day for patients and staff.
Trellidor Clear Guard screens were a humane solution to the problem. They simply block the birds out of the kitchen. They also keep out other hazards such as mosquitoes. The screens can be opened to make window cleaning easy and they’re lockable for safety purposes.
Retractable gates for offices
Retractable security gates
are ideal for commercial premises because they can be designed to protect just about any type of door or window. Trellidor manufactures them in either steel or aluminium, depending on your preference and location.
Sliding security gates have been manufactured by Trellidor to fit:
- Extremely high and wide openings. We have fitted retractable gates measuring 3.2 meters high by 5 meters wide at the entrance to Dis-Chem stores around South Africa. We have also fitted several enormous top-of-the-range sliding security gates at the entrance to several London Underground tube stations.
- Curved doorways. Commercial premises sometimes have revolving entrance doors or curved shopfronts. Trellidor can make retractable gates to fit these. We have installed them at Italtile in Johannesburg and Commercial Marine in Jeffreys Bay. Corrosion had to be taken into consideration in Jeffreys Bay, being a seaside town. Trellidor products go through a pre-treatment process before being powder coated to help prevent rust.
- Extremely wide openings. The Metro outlet at Silver Lakes in Pretoria has 60m of Trellidor Retractable security gates. This is the equivalent of securing 75 average-size front doors, side by side! It is a single span (in one long row), 10 door flexi-unit that weighs a full ton. For health and safety reasons the bottom track of these gates is recessed into the floor so that it doesn’t create a tripping hazard.
- Normal size front or back doors. Retractable security gates are often manufactured to fit normal sized front doors. They can be fitted with an electric lock to make opening it easier for office staff.
- Windows of all sizes. These sliding gates are a good choice for windows because they open for easy cleaning. They can be used as an emergency escape route in case of fire or a hostage situation.