The whole world is in the midst of a crisis right now, with the Coronavirus that causes Covid-19 dominating our lives. We wanted to reassure our employees, franchises, customers, suppliers and service providers that Trellidor management and staff are taking all the necessary steps to keep everyone as safe from harm as possible.
Those of us that work at Trellidor are certainly not health experts. But we do understand personal safety and following sensible precautions to guard against disaster. Trellidor outlets are staying open during this difficult time as crime doesn’t stop just because there is a viral pandemic in the country.
Our Group CEO Terry Dennison has established a Covid-19 steering committee to make sure we are proactive in identifying and reducing any risk associated with the crisis.
This committee has already implemented steps to protect everyone at both our manufacturing facilities, one in Durban and the other in Cape Town. These include hygiene protocols, travel bans and measures to ensure we can continue to supply our customers with the physical security they need.
We are also following guidance from President Ramaphosa’s Sunday 15 March briefing, World Health Organisation (WHO) protocols and relevant governmental health department instructions by implementing their relevant precautionary and hygiene measures within all our operating environments.
Customer safety ensured
Trellidor has instituted a protocol for sales consultants, installation teams and on-site visits by Trellidor staff. Here is how we’ll ensure that you are not exposed to any risk when we visit your home to quote on your physical security and install your products.
On-site visit protocols
- Trellidor staff members sanitize their hands before entering your premises.
- They will wipe down all surfaces and product that they have installed, repaired or handled.
If you have any concerns, please contact your nearest Trellidor franchise and they will be able to answer your questions about how we’re dealing with this national emergency.
Find your nearest Trellidor franchise
What you can do to protect yourself
Here is a reminder of some of the actions you can take to protect yourself and your family:
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Or use hand sanitizer frequently when away from home.
- Don’t touch your face, eyes or nose especially when you’re out of your home.
- Sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, which must be binned after you’ve used it.
- Don’t stand close to other people when out of home.
- Avoid crowds, no matter how small.
- Don’t travel locally or internationally.
- Stay at home and rest if you’re unwell.
- Call your doctor or the NICD Hotline (0800 029 999) if you have symptoms.
- Do not panic!
Find answers to your Coronavirus questions here:
- The NICD Hotline on 0800 029 999 operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Call the hotline if you have symptoms.
- For more information visit: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 and www.nicd.ac.za
- The National Government has set up a WhatsApp support line on 0600 123456.
- For the latest news go to https://www.bing.com/covid or https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/